…Do you want to grow your leadership and team-building skills?
…Do you want to make a real impact on reducing youth unemployment in Uganda?
…Do you want to take the Fontes Youth Centre to the next level and move towards a social enterprise model?
…Do you want to work with passionate and committed individuals in an international network?
…Do you like to be creative, innovative and see things happen?
Then you might be the one we are looking for!
Fontes Foundation is looking for a highly reliable, responsible and motivated person with a strong interest in youth empowerment. He/she must present excellent organisation skills as well as great interpersonal skills.
The Youth Centre Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Fontes Youth Centre (http://fontes.no/foundation/fontes-youth-development-centre/) including all the projects as well as its staff. This includes financial management (accountability, budgeting), project management (planning, implementation and reporting), public and stakeholder relations.
Application deadline: 30.09.2020
About Fontes Foundation
Fontes Foundation Uganda is the executing arm of Fontes Foundation, registered in Norway. Fontes Foundation has been active in Uganda since 2003 and started out in the water sector where we trained community groups in basic business management so they could manage their small piped water schemes. Since 2012 Fontes has been active in youth empowerment, mainly through a youth centre in Bunga (Kampala) providing skills to disadvantaged youth. Since 2019 Fontes is a partner in Refactory, an innovative skilling programme for youth interested in a tech career. Refactory and the Youth Centre are currently the main two projects at Fontes Foundation, which consists of a small team at the head office (3-4 staff) as well as 12-15 staff at the youth centre (most are part-time facilitators).
The Youth Centre Manager reports to the Director of Fontes Foundation Uganda. The Youth Centre Manager will receive coaching and continuous follow up from the Director.
Starting salary: UGX 1.7 – 2M Net Pay
- Supervise support staff and facilitators and make sure they perform according to terms of references, contracts and code of conduct.
- Be responsible for the daily running of the centre.
- Ensure quality control and make sure facilitators implement curricula and provide quality services.
- Provide input to project planning, development and fundraising and give ideas for future project extensions.
- Keep good working relations with local leaders and authorities and keep them informed about the project.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation and ensure data is collected in a timely manner.
- Manage the curriculum development process.
- Carry out any other assignment as may be requested by the Fontes Foundation management.
- Ensure professional communication to students, stakeholders and staff, and build brand recognition in the community
- Ensure our services are known to the local youth and that we have sufficient students attending our offerings. Continuously improve strategies and methods to reach more youth.
Skills and experience
Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience.
- Experience in working in effective teams.
- Experience in execution of projects and project activities.
- Passionate about reducing youth unemployment in Uganda.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). Good command of Luganda is an advantage.
- Organized and able to follow through and prioritize tasks.
- Self-starter who takes initiatives and sees opportunities.
- Experience from the education sector is an added advantage.
- Experience with financial management such as project accounts, budgets, financial planning and financial reporting is an added advantage.
Applications are closed.